Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Step!

My second Week a new step to follow in this stair called:
Winter's Course!

Our first task evaluate search engine, has taught me a lot: New tools for my ELT classes and to renew old ones that I have been using....

I want to offer my avatar, I prepared just to all my partners can see how can we add our own voice and image to our blogs. Really my avatar looks like me and you can enjoy my voice:



Our Second Task:

Bloom is our best friend as teacher, he offered us a great handhelper "Bloom Taxonomy", it is a valuable resource to write abcd objectives.

I decided to work with my weekly class and my challenge is to include to my E.S.P course in administration, new and real topics take from internet using specific search engines like business.com or auyantepuy for Venezuela examples, to be translated posting in an edublog and they can develop collaborative work and reading and listening comprehension with audio links and can write their own comment in english including their own mistakes, which will be acceptable for me because it's really hard when they don't have a high level in english proficiency.
My students don't have multimedia rooms neither Visual aids nor WIFI,in class I use their mobile phones as resources to search information inmediately from internet, and to share links wih them to use in class.

What are the students needs?

Last Friday I introduced them the idea of this project and they decided to accept because they want new strategies to learn and new technology tools to use in their future as Administrators.Let's open an Edublog!

Who are the learners?

Section 01:



Section 02




They will be a cooperative group of work, and I will be the guide of them.

I offered my example to open a blog for both sections to make a diagnoses about this new goal.(I used blogger, but I offered bligoo,wordpress,dinstudio,and inube, too)
My example:

http://englishedublogs.blogspot.com/2012/01/idiomas-iipnfa-section-02.html

Our bibliography guide is our book: Business and Management editorial Richmond. Units 4 and 5



They'll use each lesson theme to get new ones from web to paste and translate and explained in final oral presentation.They will design their own presentation card to offer to their classmates their links to follow and write their comments.

Example of first lesson to be used:






What is the setting?

Colegio Universitario de Caracas it's located on Caicara street and Libertador Avenue, Chacao - Caracas, Venezuela.
Web Page:cuc.edu.ve





Ver mapa más grande




This weekend students will open their blog and their profile.I want to invite you to follow my blog to see their advances.....

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Orchid!
    As the previous post you had, it makes me feel like commenting on your blog. This post looks great and really eye-catching. You are very good at designing it by selecting pictures within your reflection. Frankly, It's already inspired myself to design more attractive blog. Huge thanks again!

    Best Wishes,
    Vita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Orquidia

    I've just joined your blog and I must say that I liked very much.

    I liked your avatar and it was so warm to hear your voice!

    And the idea of visualising your class is amazing!

    Let's be in touch!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Marina and Vita for your comments, I like to add gadgets and play with this web tool really for me Blogs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete